Today May 19, 2023 I went to my first block class which is Morgan Salathe’s  9th grade English class. For class,  we did a little field trip, and took the student down to the Library, and did some activities and left the student to continue working on their papers, and that was an hour of class time. I was free afterwards and had to finish working on my slides for African studies, and also get prepared for my presentation. Presentation skills is something I am  hoping to keep learning in the next phase of my life. That's why I knew being a teacher's assistant will serve as a resource with public speaking and also with communication skills. I spent 4 hours after my first block preparing, and also making sure I am offering my best work to the students. Finally finished with the slide, I got lunch then went back to my dorm to take a nap before the big presentation. In addition, I arrived in class and gave my presentation on the “ethnicity of Africa ''. I taught them about the origin, and various ethnic groups in Nigeria and Africa as a whole. It was a successful one and some of the students gave me good reviews and expressed how they loved it. The presentation took 45 mins of class, and towards the end, Will Wawaru gave the student options on either working on their projects or going to the dinner hall with the 15 mins of class left to grab a snack. I stayed just  to see if any student needed help with their work. In total, today was a bit more work than usual. I got 6 hours in today. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog